(setup)Steps for Automatic Gift Update
- Register (click link on how to do that)
- Decide what kind of TNT user you are…
- I have been using the easy 26 step process to import gifts via excel sheets, every month. I have also been building up my database by making notes, putting in tasks, and making good mpd because of it… i.e. “I would lay down and cry if I lost my tnt database.” If this is you go to step 2-A
- I tried to use the “easy” 26 step process, and I wanted to lay down and cry. … i.e. “TNT database? I have already deleted it, let alone do I use it.
If you are user A you need to wash all your gifts out, therefore continue on to step 2-A If you are user B. You may begin Automatic Gift Input (Step 3)
- Open up your TNT Database and click Gift input on the left hand side.
- From the Drop down list Choose FOCUS. If it’s not there, hold down your shift key and click the drop down arrow, and choose custom. Then copy and paste the following web address in the “Custom Query.ini URL” https://tnt.focusonline.org/dataserver/focus/dataquery/TntQuery.aspx
- Click Next, and Choose the Date Range for the Gifts you want Downloaded(.ie. when you first started in FOCUS till now.), and click download.
- It will show you your gifts list then click sync. and it will bring in your gifts. If you had an empty Database it will import all of your contacts for you before your gifts.
That is it! Now that you are set up it will be even easier next time. Which could be tomorrow, since the database you download from is updated every day. No more weekly gift reports, or waiting for monthly MDR's just update your TNT every day if you want.